Psychics or Sensitives are humans who professes an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP), or is said by others to have such abilities. ESP is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct or hunch, which are historical English idioms. The term implies acquisition of information by means external to the basic limiting assumptions of science, such as that organisms can only receive information from the past to the present. Parapsychology is the scientific study of paranormal psychic phenomena, including ESP. Parapsychologists generally regard such tests as the ganzfeld experiment as providing compelling evidence for the existence of ESP. The scientific community rejects ESP due to the absence of an evidence base, the lack of a theory which would explain ESP, and the lack of experimental techniques which can provide reliably positive results.
- Astral Projection - An out-of-body experience in which an "astral body" becomes separate from the physical body.
- Clairvoyance - Perception outside the known human senses.
- Precognition - Perception of future events before they happen.
- Telekinesis - Manipulation of matter, space, time or energy.
- Mediumship - Perceive and communicate with spirits.
- Psychometry - Obtaining information of past events about a person or object.
- Telepathy - Transfer of thoughts or emotions, especially knowing another person's thoughts.