The Avatar is essentially a being that is able to bend and master the four elements. In a world where there are other benders, such as Air Nomads, Water Tribes, Earth Kingdoms, and Fire Nations, the Avatar keeps peace and balance between all four.
The Avatar also has a similar life to that of a Phoenix; there can only be one and when the previous Avatar dies, it is reincarnated into another human, whether it be a man or woman, passing on between benders. Starting with Air, then Water, Earth, and then Fire and starting back to air again.
Powers and Abilities Edit
The Avatar is an immensely powerful being, capable of bending more than one element simultaneously, making them masters of the four elements of air, water, earth, and fire. The Avatar is even more powerful than those who are masters at bending their native element.
- Aerokinesis - The Avatar is capable of creating and manipulating air, causing powerful winds of various sizes by spinning its hand.
- Hydrokinesis - The Avatar can control and manipulate water, using it to create whip-lash-like objects and create tidal waves.
- Geokinesis - The Avatar has the power to manipulate earth and rock, capable of creating a rocky barrier that protects it from fire.
- Pyrokinesis - The Avatar has the ability to control, manipulate, extinguish, and create fire, allowing it to produce massive amounts of fire power.
- Energy Bending - Although an extremely rare ability even among the most powerful avatar, the Avatar is able to take away the bending of other extremely powerful benders.
- Astral Projection - The Avatar is able to leave its body and project itself in the spirit world.